FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is the latest FSREPAINT version?
A: Version 2.24
- What is new in FSREPAINT 2.24?
A: Several bug fixes, new aircraft support and enhancements. You can check the full list of changes clicking here : 2.24 - What's new.
- I see a message telling that there is a new FSRPAINT update available. How to download it?
A: Just follow the instructions contained in the purchasing email. Do not uninstall the old version because you'll still need the user.dat file.
- Does FSREPAINT works with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D?
A: YES, the current version - v2.24 - will work with Prepar3D.
- Does FSREPAINT works with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition?
A: YES, the current version - v2.24 - will work with FSX Steam Edition.
- Does FSREPAINT works with Microsoft Flight Simulator X?
A: YES, from version 2, it will work with FSX and with the earliest versions as well (2004, 2002 e 2000).
- I see the following error message when executing FSREPAINT in Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10: "d3drm.dll was not found". What should I do?
A: Microsoft dropped support for Direct3D Retained mode (used by FSREPAINT) on Windows Vista and newer releases. Then you must download this file and install it manually. You can grab it from this link, for example: http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfiles/D/d3drm.dll/5.1.2600.0/download.html. To install, just copy the file d3drm.dll to the FSREPAINT installation folder.
- I receive the following error message when trying to execute FSREPAINT: "unrecoverable error. Please send this information to...". What should I do?
Contact us through the contact page to receive the latest FSREPAINT
version. Some personal and purchasing information will be requested to
validate your request.
- I lost the original color palette configuration. How to get it back?
A: From version 2.24 there is a menu option inside the built in editor to restore the original color palette. If you're using an older release, you just need to delete the file "editor.prf" and restart the program.
- I formatted my hard disk and lost the program installation or the registration file. How to get it back?
A: Contact us through the contact page to receive the latest FSREPAINT version. Some personal and purchasing information will be requested to validate your request. TO AVOID THIS PROBLEM, ALWAYS BACKUP THE INSTALLATION AND THE REGISTRATION FILES.
- FSREPAINT is not showing all aircraft available at my FSIM installation. What should I do?
A: Please, send us the file fsrepaint.dbg (located in the FSREPAINT's installation folder) and the file fsrepaint.elf as well (if available).
- When trying to open some specific aircraft model, the program says "FS Repaint was unable to load this aircraft". What should I do?
Please, send us the file fsrepaint.dbg (located in the FSREPAINT's
installation folder) and the file fsrepaint.elf as well (if available).
In some circumstances we will request you to send the aircraft as well.
The demonstration version has limited aircraft support and will NOT open all of them.
- After installing the FSX Acceleration Pack several aircraft could be opened any more. What should I do?
A: Download the latest demo version or request and updated full version through the contact page.
- I can't find the file fsrepaint.dbg to send it to you. How to proceed?
A: Open the Windows Control Panel. Chose "Folder Options". Click the View tab, and then you should select "Show hidden files and folders" in the list. Close the FSREPAINT installation window and open it again.
- I'm still having other problems not listed above. What should I do?
A: Contact us through the contact page
obs: When requesting support, some personal and purchasing information will be requested to validate your request. Support is only available to registered users.